Monday, January 21, 2008

Ode to thee- One that i admire


I remember being in love for the first time in my late teens. It was indeed terrific; something I had never felt before. To me it was like a trance, a stupor which was so transcendental that I was in complete oblivion; living every moment of my life. The anomaly not lasting for a very long time and I had my first heartbreak after a few years. The dreams and the ardent feelings fading away and vanishing with time, as life moved on. All but this one feeling which strangely remained- The feeling of being in love. For some odd reason I always felt as if I was in love; though I could never perceive who I was in love with.

I shifted bases and cities moved in and out of my life, just like girls. I tried falling in love again but somehow I could never work out the intricacies of the initial phase. Women came into my life and either left with a huff or just saw through me, exactly as I had started seeing through them. I shifted my focus on to other important aspects of my life; and just as I was about to forget this whole issue, I met a wonderful girl. She isn’t very beautiful and certainly not the kind of woman that I had longed for- immensely charming though. She is the only person, by far, who broke my confidence every time, with a single stroke and with all the things that I had thought, to have mastered- which for some strange reason pleased me a hell lot. She has this great sense of individuality, which is quite a lot appealing. She knows what she wants and god she has all the guts in the world to stand up for it and get it. Now that is exactly what I call a woman of substance. The grit, the determination and the spirit is definitely worth a praise.

We speak of words like freedom, equality and liberation for women; the fact is that I see them being used as nothing but a punch line to impress others. When it comes to us, we would rather prefer a stereotype girl who would do anything to satisfy our whims. Do we really need such women in our society? Now that’s a question which if asked from men, on anonymity, will mostly get no as an answer. The truth is that we enjoy the domination which we have had for years. We men are so used to being a chauvinist that we have a penchant for it and are not at all ready to give it up this easy. We want things to be exactly the way they had been all this while, so that we could enjoy this so called supremacy. Well, certainly not for me.


I would like to be with a girl who is as good as I am or perhaps even better than me; so that she could be a source of my strength and inspiration. So that I could take pride in the fact that I have walked with her in life but rather not ahead of her. I admire her for her courage to stand out and love her for her individuality. It has been a pleasure knowing her and always will be.

6 comments:

neo said...

Ladies and Gentlemen..boys and girls...nerds, dumb asses alike----I have an epiphany today....MD. TASHFEEN KHAN can write..write to save his life..life mired by the toxicity of a love unknown..love, which he searches for....
A long long time ago, i knew somebody who had enlightened me with the principle of 3 P's(Persistence,patience and perseverance)..i think this passage is testimony to that and a whole lot more...(This is agnostic to the context of the post and pays a tribute to a person who has grown up in front of my eyes)
True love..they say cannot be penned in words..it is an experience to be savoured like your evening cuppa in a cold unforgiving winter - Refreshing and yet so warm...
But the above passage is an exception to that school of thought...it is 'honest' to say the least and i appreciate the emotions
the 'writer' has tried to highlight here...I am no winner in love...but the hopeless romantic in me screams in unison to the thought----IF LOVE WAS A GAME, WE WOULD ALL BE SPOILT SPORTS..
Keep up the good work...and never loose hope...CHEERS

Mojo said...

I'm touched and flattered. Thank you.

Taz said...

Well, thanks a lot. It has been invigorating growing in front of your eyes. It is this small bunch of people that i have known, who have instilled a lot of faith in me; paving a way for what i am today. You people have been and always will be a constant source of my inspiration.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Some gain wisdom in the serenity of hills, some in the wilderness of jungle, while there are others who find it among the chaos of city. To you it seems it is coming from the warmth of that healing feminine touch. By virtue of falling in love you now have started rising in it. That’s the beauty of intensely involved emotional affair. It’s a very well written piece Tashi! Very well written! We are the product of a patriarchal society and that precisely is the reason that we have become stinking chauvinist. It has become such a gigantic part of our rotten thinking system that most of the time we don’t even realize that it needs to be corrected. I believe it needs a great level of confidence and awful lot of guts to acknowledge one own defeat so graciously and to feel like a winner even after losing it all(for instance-inherent confidence)which one has cherished for such a long period of time.

May the tribes of “Thee” of this ode increases, so that we the men who are slaves of dogmatic social upbringing can find some inspiration and strength (not that barbaric and feudal strength)to rise in love n life, the way you have.

Clairvoyant said...

One need to understand the 3 major component involved in true love, namely

1) Honesty
2) Passion
3) Possessiveness

If any one of them is missing then you are not in true love. Tashfeen Khan has been honest, passionate but the important one possessiveness definitely seems to be absent in most of the instances. So dearest friend T Khan in future if need some clues about true love then i guess my analysis just the Insane one, till then u can keep running.

Taz said...

Thank you Najam, from my side and also from the tribes of "Thee"- i'm quite sure that they would also like to thank you for your support.

Kamlesh as from my experience, the third element that u spoke about namely possessiveness is the most dangerous one. A thread more of it and there goes your relationship, for a complete toss. Maybe you are right and maybe i haven't been possessive enough. So, will keep your valuable suggenstion in mind, thanks.