Monday, July 7, 2008

Pain

The sun is below the horizon, it’s beautiful red light being refracted from the earth’s atmosphere as it is about to rise. Its early morning and a new day is about to begin. Looking at the twilight I wonder whether it finally ends today. Days of waiting have been converted to weeks and weeks to months but I still feel the pain inside me. I wonder if I will ever see the end of this pain, which has been there for such a long time now.

I’m tired of this wait and the sleepless nights. I wish I could do something to take all this pain and all this hurt away. It seems as though it’s my skin and I have been asked to live with it; as with it comes my redemption. I wish I could walk away from everything and go off to a distant place where I don’t know anyone. I wish I could turn my back to everyone I know and simply fade into nowhere. How I wish I could just walk away from everything and everyone in my life. It is perhaps then that I might find some peace. It is perhaps then that my pain would end.

Who knows I just might.

3 comments:

Alo said...

yes of course...specially how it simply never ends and everything you do in between is simply a temporary distraction...
i am waiting for things to not be temporary distractions anymore! sighh...keep writing! :)

Chaitali Patel said...

You sound very low...hope everything gets better soon...keep writing and let the feelings out.

Taz said...

Alo:
The truth is that pain is as important as is happiness and also as inevitable as death. As for the waiting part, worry you not- I’m sure there will be permanency in your life soon enough.

Chaitali:
We live in circles from being sad to happy to sad again and so it goes. One of those sad moments, you know. Thanks a lot though.