Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Of Bloated & Inflated Ego

This is a tale from one of the not so distant lands in galaxy. There was a planet called Earth, inhabited by various carbon-based life forms, apart from other things. Amongst these carbon based life forms was an extant species of the primate family Hominidae. This specie was of the genus Homo and was called Homo sapiens. They were included in this genus because they had a larger brain as compared to their predecessors; who had initially surfaced some 5 million years ago. They were broadly classified as Men and Women in earthly terms.

[The word “Home sapiens” is derived from Latin and means “wise man”
(Latin) homō, man + (Latin) sapiēns, wise, rational; present participle of sapere, to be wise]

These carbon-based life forms, called Homo sapiens, could have lived in perfect harmony with one another but for the fact that they had bloated ego which made it immensely difficult for them to admit the truth….

Yes, that my dear friends is the situation. People never fail to amaze me and I’m sure with the way our society is evolving, they never will. We cook up such folklore- as an excuse- that one is left extremely flabbergasted and bemused, even regaled, at times. Well as a matter of fact almost anything would do other than the truth.

I wonder why it is so difficult to admit the truth. How about “I was angry and irritated with you that’s why I did what I did.” That’s it; that seriously is it. Well doesn’t sound all that difficult to me. Not to say that my ego is not inflated and at times even I stammer when it comes to admitting the truth. In fact the speech, then, is not so verbose and one is completely devoid of the look eloquent in compassion. The truth is also that I try to deflate my ego as much as I can.

Funny thing is that every other person that one knows is almost ready to point it out to you how egoistic you are. I presume it’s the blame game that all of us love to play without looking within.

….And thence the synonymous Homo sapiens of the planet earth were urged to deflate their inflated ego and to thus live in perfect accord by being truthful to one another.

No comments: